Thursday, March 8, 2012

White Wednesday Teapot


Just a quick post for White Wednesday (which I'm posting on Thursday-SOOO organized, right?).  I am doing a little show and tell of a favorite little teapot of mine.  I collect white ironstone, but have much of my pieces packed away :-(  I have been digging through all of my boxed treasures and sorting and eliminating, etc.  Call it pre-spring cleaning.  Anyway, imagine my happy dance when I found this pretty piece which, quite honestly, I'd forgotten about.  It has an embossed English registry mark on the bottom, but look at the interesting Asian inspired details.  I'm not sure it is ironstone although it was sold to me as such and it certainly goes well with the other pieces.  What do you think?  Does anyone have any thoughts on this cutie patootie piece?  I love the details, including its hinged top.


 Any info. would be appreciated, but also feel free just to say hello!  Hope you are all having a great week-shriek!  It is almost the weekend again and the hubs and I are judges for our regional science fair on Saturday.  Then daylight savings time SPRING FORWARD on Sunday.  Before you know it, it will be Easter.  Wow!  Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it.

Until next time,
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Hello Judy, Love your tea pot,but have no idea from whence it came. Very unusual design with the pewter top.
    x jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is aboslutely stunning....love the detail. Anything with a bird makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teapot is beautiful, Judy! I love the texture of it and that pretty lid!

    I am so excited for daylight savings time! Yay!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a teapot like that but it is adorable! Love it. Hard to believe it is almost Spring here..but DST change helps. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea about ironstone, but I know I sure love it! Your teapot is adorable.
    I am sooo excited for our upcoming spring like weather for the next week, yay!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little beauty! It is so adorable. Can't help with any info on it,though, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely blog! Gorgeous little teapot ~ the top reminds me of the Aesthetic Pairpoint pieces! I'm a new follower! ♥♥
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teapot is lovely. I love the Asian design along with the bamboo handle. Definitely a very lovely piece.
    I love having the extra hour of daylight at the end of every day. Hopefully we will all enjoy an early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOO, I DO LOVE your teapot! What a treasure. Thanks for sharing, I loved all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As an English lady I love a cup of tea and I think the tea pot is really beautiful, enjoy, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that teapot! Anything with an attached lid is special. Plus, the Asian motif is a good example of Aesthetic Era decor. What a wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy. Just found your blog, and recognised the teapot. Given that this post is over two years old, you may already have found out about the teapot. However, if not, I can tell you that it is smear-glazed earthenware from Copeland, circa 1880. The Chinese influence is evident, and the design may well have been influenced by the Chinese custom of bringing pet songbirds to teahouses. Gentlemen of leisure who frequented the public teahouses would hang their intricately carved birdcage and enjoy the birdsong whilst they sipped. A beautiful teapot with a rich history - if only it could talk, what gossip it must have heard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.